Transfer Credit

College Transcripts

Students are required to include in their applications for admission official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. (See Applying for Admission.) Credits earned at regionally accredited colleges or universities will be evaluated by the Registrar's Office, and credit will be given in accordance with College policy only after a student has been accepted. In general, credit will be accepted for courses that are comparable to courses in the College curriculum. Credits earned at non-accredited colleges may be accepted as a basis for advanced standing in accordance with the recommendations of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, but only upon satisfactory completion of at least 30 credits in residence at the College.

Students may access the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to see how their specific transfer credits may count at The College of Idaho.

Community (Junior) College Credit

A maximum of 70 semester credits or 106 quarter credits of approved community college credit may be transferred to The College of Idaho to be counted toward the 124 credits required for graduation (see senior residency requirement). Only lower-division credit will be allowed for community college work. Please see Transfer Credit Policy for specific course and grade acceptance.

Transfer Credit Policy

The following policies guide The College of Idaho’s decisions regarding whether transfer courses or credits are accepted for transfer:

  • Courses must have been taken at a regionally accredited college/university in the United States. Coursework from foreign institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services, the Academic Credential Evaluation Institute, or another approved credential evaluation service.
  • All transfer course credits will be converted to semester credits.
  • Approved courses that are passed with grades A through D-, plus grades P or S, will be accepted for transfer to the College, but only applicable courses graded C or higher will be used to satisfy major and minor requirements.
  • Outdated transfer coursework: Acceptable transfer courses that are more than five years old at the time of admission to The College of Idaho may be excluded from consideration, at the discretion of the College, in meeting major or minor requirements regardless of grade earned.
  • Credit from professional-technical coursework is not accepted.
  • Introduction to College or any course numbered under the 100 level is not accepted.